Harding Hospital Site / Boundless

Demolition on the old Harding Hospital site has taken place to remove buildings D, E & F, that had not been occupied or maintained in many years. Building D was a Tudor style building that was constructed in 1928 and used as a women’s residential unit.  Building E, constructed in 1925, was initially a men’s residential unit and then housed adolescent patients.  Building F was an office building constructed in 1924. 

Approved ARB Application for Buildings D & F
Approved ARB Application for Building E

Background


Harding Hospital was founded in 1916 by George T. Harding II, MD to provide treatment for people with physical, mental, social and spiritual needs, and operated on its 45 acre Worthington campus until 1999, when it became part of The Ohio State University’s Wexner Medical Center.

In 2014, Step by Step academy purchased the property and has been providing mental health services out of some of the buildings on the property.

Boundless


In 2017, Step-by-Step merged with Boundless, formerly known as Franklin County Residential Services, a private not-for-profit organization which provides direct services and residential options for intellectual and developmentally disabled individuals throughout Central Ohio. The organization is headquartered at the former Harding Hospital site in Worthington. Facilities at this location are being renovated to suit the newly expanded service provider.

Boundless news release and fact sheet
Step-by-Step brochure

Sign up for project updates here.
IMG_4072
old harding picture